Fresh and French


Went to Vivo yesterday specially to try out this French bistro called Fresh and French. Saw them opening a few months ago and the food looked interesting. Sure enough soon after it was open some good reviews were written about them.

Fresh and French is opened by some French yuppies and they prepare the food themselves mostly in front of a long chopping board style counter. (reminds me of Jamie Oliver's kitchen) They serve mostly Tartines, which are open faced bread toasted and sprinkled with all sorts of yummy ingredients. (pardon my ignorance about french food)They also serve a series of salads whose names you cant really find in mid range bistros. Presentation was artistic without being over the top. We ordered a salad with goats cheese(the salad bowl design was so darn cool), tartine with olive and anchovies, and a tartine with mustard, chicken and potatoes. All of them tasted great! I could not stomach the goats cheese though, but its just me. I cant take all things lambish and goatish.

The foods good, honest, fresh and prepared by french people. And to top it up theres no GST, no service charge, nothing! Cost me Sing$15 per pax for a full meal and coffee.

Thumbs up! (After the meal, I went to the hawker centre to have my rice fix. Being Chinese I cant leave without rice and noodles for dinner.:))

Comments

Popular Posts