Movie Review: Iron Man 2008

I am so glad I caught Iron Man on the big screen. This is one super hero I dont know very well. In fact I used to think that a man clad in metal and flying around set in the 1960s was kinda silly. But the movie turned this around into a stylish version. The trademark costume was so sleek and sexy , and even the awkward color combination of yellow and red seem to fit perfect given its gloss.

The story had a near perfect combination of humor, action, tinge of romance, and best of all there was a sense of realness, as seen in the scenes where Robert D Junior had to try the flying part a few times to humorous results. The special effects were fantastic. And they could not find a better fit than Robert D Junior who oozes charisma in every scene. I also love the way Iron Man moves sometimes in a robotic fashion and at the same time so human like. A classic gesture was when he hovers above the ground in a almost feminine way.

This is going to be a classic movie for years to come, just like Spiderman 1 and X Men. I am so damn impressed with the first time director (whatisname). His attention to details is just amazing.

To me a good movie put together is just like a good building put together. The end result leaves you feeling wow.....

Comments

Popular Posts