What I miss about Australia foods

If you ask me what foods I miss in Australia they would be: 1)Cheap yougurt 2) Cos lettuce and 3) Stone fruits(Mangoes and nectarines) 4) Cheap leg ham 5)Fresh white button mushrooms 6) fresh oysters 7)scones

Cos lettuce is similar to romaine lettuce used to make Ceasar salads. They are just nice to me, does not feel like you are eating nothing (iceberg) and still crunchy unlike butterhead. The Ceasar salad sauce sticks to the leaf nicely. How come I cant find cos lettuce in Singapore?????

And the fresh button mushrooms...oh my, lightly sautee them on the frying pan in butter for 3 minutes and they taste like heaven. You can eat them raw and they taste just as good. In Singapore you can get them a small box for 3.50 dollars. In Australia supermarkets, there is one big wooden crate of loose mushrooms in the chilled vege section and you can pick the freshest and put them in a paperbag and pay by weight. In Singapore it feels like an luxury food due to the high price, but in Australia they are considered cheap items which can be bought on an everyday basis because its so cheap.

My friend asked me if I will migrate to Australia just becuase of the food. He said he cant do that because there is just so much yougurt you can eat before you get sick of it.

As for me, if the above foods make me happy and I can live in a place where I can eat them anytime I want and anytime I feel like, WHY NOT? I just might migrate because of the food!

Comments

Popular Posts