My dream home

Its been sometime since I wrote, and today I want to write about my dream home. What is a home to you? How do you want to live? When is a house a home and not a house? I do not yet know what my dream home will look like, but I know bits and pieces that I would like to see in my dream home and the spaces that i envisage.


First, a home must must have a connection to the outside. I would love a verandah or a deck where I can engage the great outdoors, where I can wake up in the morning and walk out outo the open space and breath the fresh air. (not that possible in Singapore isnt it) It will be a place where I can sit in my lounge chair and read a book when the weather is right. It will be a place for breakfast on cool mornings. I miss the great Australian Verandah!



Secondly my home will have a courtyard. (once again almost impossible to have in Singapore unless you are willing to pay for overpriced property) It will be a place for my favourite Sunday afternoon barbecues and beer, just like in Australia. It will be a place for tea, coffee and biscuits.



A fireplace. This is definitely an impossibility in Singapore. A fireplace in Frank Loyd Wright's own words forms the 'hearth of a house'. It will be a place to cuddle up and read a book during winter. But I do not want a log burner fireplace(I cant imagine the soot)I want one of those cool looking modern gas ones that can turn one and off instantly at the click of a switch!

To be continued......

Comments

Popular Posts