Sabah: 15 to 18 June 2010

This trip was memorable, memorable because there were many firsts for me: this the first time I set foot on East Malaysian soil on the mystical Borneo rainforests, it’s the first time I seen a peak which is one of the tallest in South East Asia, the first time I saw and drank from a natural waterfall, the first time I saw such a beautiful sunset, the first time I saw tea and vegetables being grown in the highlands and the first time I can call a retreat a real retreat.



I didn’t think about work, didn’t do anything, it was just fellowship and enjoying God’s creations. The speaker was a wonderful man, and he placed in my mind a set of radical perspectives I never thought so much about.


I am thankful for the much needed break and the life lessons learnt. Too bad I didn’t get to see the famous icons of Sabah: the proboscis monkey, the rafflesia flower, though I managed to have a taste of the Sabah choi and the pinkkish local buns.

15 June (Tues)

Arrive at Sabah resort late lunch
Free time in afternoon
Dinner and evening worship and lesson


16 June
Morning devotion
Breakfast and morning worship and lesson
Lunch and free time for afternoon
Dinner and evening worship and lesson


17 June
Morning devotion and Breakfast
Check out to Mount K
Stop by village
Arrive Mount K for lunch
To Tree top walk and waterfall in afternoon
Barbecue Dinner at night


18 June (Fri)
Breakfast and Check out
To 1 Borneo for shopping (lunch)
To airport back to Singapore

Comments

Popular Posts